If you providing Windows support , and on top of that, working with users directly, you should be able to deal with crazy challenges posed by users. But it’s not relevant to this situation. This time the problem was created by the system bug.
When clients of our company started to upgrade their systems fron Windows 7 to Windows 10, I have found some bug with RDS connection to our gateway. They have following error :
The solution of that problem is quite simple :
- 1. Windows + R
- 2. Type regedit and go
- 3. Find this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
- 4. Create New > DWORD (32-bit) Value
- 5. With following name and value: RDGClientTransport and 1
- 6. Press OK, and restart your PC.
Your output should be :
Yeap, I agree that it’s not the “right” solution. In my opinion you should check a few things :
- 1) If it’s not users from “your” company, you should analize their machines. I think the problems occurs, cuz users didn’t install last security updates.
- 2) Also, you must check your RDS farm for last security updates.
- 3) Finally, you need to be sure that connection isn’t blocked by firewall.
I hope this helps to you!